The architects at Altus collaborated with the facility to establish service line benchmarks in order to develop a base line space program. As in most healthcare projects, it was critical to keep all areas of the hospital operational during this renovation and expansion project. As a result, the project was divided into two phases.
* 25,000-square-foot addition which included radiology, lab, administrative areas, six patient rooms and a lobby
* Consolidated services to increase efficiency and patient wayfinding
* During the second phase services and departments were realigned
* Redeveloped the outpatient clinic, expanded surgery, labor and delivery, medical records, pharmacy, central storage and physical therapy
* Mechanical and electrical systems were evaluated
* Existing code concerns were addressed