Altus was selected to create a facility that would provide the most innovative surgical care in an environment devoted to patient comfort. The project allows for growth of services and reflects the vision of providing a personalized, patient-focused care environment.
* Facility includes eight operating rooms (expandable to 14), 20 pre-operative/recover swing beds, 10 recovery beds, and 24 inpatient rooms (expandable to 36)
* Interior design uses timeless, warm-colored materials of wood, slate, ceramic tile, and rich vinyl wallcoverings, creating a luxury hotel-like environment
* Private patient rooms create a sense of home with internet access, satellite television, six levels of indirect lighting, and patient suites with separate family lounges
* Redesigned emergency department provides private triage rooms, new patient registration and waiting area with high visibility to the entry, a dedicated staff breakroom, and an enhanced medical storage and dispensation process
* Altus also created a skywalk link between the Nebraska Orthopaedic Hospital and the Oakview Medical Center