A bedroom community Des Moines, Iowa, Winterset epitomizes the rural America setting. The administration and board at the Madison County Community Hospital, a critical access hospital, were seeking to further improve upon recent hospital and clinic renovations to better meet patient needs. Altus completed a high-level master plan that took into account patient and staff flows, building infrastructure, and possible expansion solutions.
* Through the master planning process unique solutions were discovered to address issues at hand
* Determined that renovations to the existing facility and an expansion were both part of the solution
* 25-bed, 18,000-square-foot patient wing addition
* 3,400-square-foot clinic addition offered necessary procedure and exam room space the facility was lacking
* Vacated patient rooms on the 2nd floor were renovated into newly-expanded physical therapy, home health and occupational therapy department