Dr. Shannon Elwood sought an urban setting to serve an up-and-coming urban clientele with his third clinic location in Omaha, Nebraska. A small tenant space in the heart of the latest midtown development area showed potential as the ideal site. Altus architects and interior designers designed the fit-up of this 962-square-foot space into an optical exam and retail space.
* Space includes an exam room, pre-test room, display area with reception and fitting areas, handicap restroom and storage
* Clean neutral color palette makes a bold first impression
* A brightened, saturated stylization of the eye color green—striking for its rarity—stand out against the concrete gray and white palette
* Brushed aluminum and dark ebony wood to add complicated textures to the reception desk and tech station
* Stained concrete floors and partially exposed structure enhance the urban feel of the space while still accommodating the budget
* Acoustic ceiling brings scale to the interior
* Occasional carpeted areas aid sound control