Altus is providing phased, professional architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering, and consulting services for the upgrade and expansion effort for Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital’s Women’s Services and Birthing Center.
Wanting to provide moms with a safe and comfortable birth experience while further solidifying itself as a leader in women’s services in western Iowa, Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital embarked on a $10.75 million renovation of its fifth floor.
Upon completion in late 2020, the project will feature:
- Six private rooms where moms can labor in a comfortable and soothing environment.
- Three Jacuzzi tubs available for pain control,
- 12 postpartum rooms for bonding with baby after delivery.
- C-section suite that offers moms the ability to do skin-to-skin immediately after delivery.
- Four Level II NICU bays with dedicated consultation space.
- Expanded space for childbirth and prenatal breastfeeding education/support.
- Safe Place infant security system.
- Larger waiting room for family and friends.