Altus has an exciting opportunity for an Architect Project Manager in our Denver, CO office. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients in delivering services to creatively solve problems. This position will also provide business leadership focused on financial success, management of resources, and related staff growth and development. Healthcare project experience preferred.
- Lead project teams – in conjunction with Project Principal and Design Principal – to develop project goals and work plans that achieve both client and firm objectives.
- Assure the technical quality of each project is achieved throughout the project planning and design lifecycle.
- Enforce application of QA/QC process standards and requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations including, but not limited to: communicate to clients in a clear and compelling way, including options for resolution.
- Communicate client objectives, provide constructive feedback and mentoring, and identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Serve as a proactive resource to project teams in their decision-making processes and in the development of technically sound ideas, innovative planning, and design solutions.
- Responsible for achieving project profitability for each project. Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection, and related business practices.
- Participate in marketing campaigns and interview teams including, also but not limited to: help prepare proposal information (scope narrative, schedules, project approach, etc.) and develop fees.
- Represent the firm at applicable industry conferences.
- Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation. Play a lead role in key meetings and presentations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of firm business plans.
- Alignment and management of firm resources.
- Staff growth and development plans.
- Technical quality initiatives.
- Project process leadership.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff.
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Work hard, play hard and learn a lot along the way!
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Architecture and have an Architectural Registration. At least 10-15 years of related healthcare experience is preferred. Strong presentation, client engagement, team building, organizational, and communication skills are essential. Special consideration for proficiency with Ajera.