Senior Healthcare Planner
The following are minimum requirements to be considered for the position:
- Professional degree from an accredited program is required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of healthcare design and planning experience.
- EDAC, ACHA and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Knowledge of latest planning and design software, including Revit.
- Extremely strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate some involvement in presentations at relevant
- conferences, education forums and organizations to showcase their expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of ambulatory and acute care environments as it relates to planning and
Role and Responsibilities
The Healthcare Planner shall be considered an integral member of the Altus staff!
This position shall:
- Be responsible for creating and planning the conceptual design of healthcare projects.
- Lead the planning process by generating concepts and layouts for projects of various sizes and complexities.
- Work closely with clients’ executive leadership and user groups to reach consensus on concepts and design solutions.
- Demonstrate credible knowledge of current healthcare programming and planning concepts.
- Work with owners, contractors, consultants to implement design concepts through project completion.
- Present professionally to clients’ management team, departments, and boards.
- Work with Altus’ Healthcare Leadership to pursue and develop new clients.
- Work closely and productively with internal healthcare staff and project managers.
- Be current with movements and trends in healthcare design and planning, including sustainable design, patient safety, and evidence-based design principles.
- Meet internal and external deadlines and budgets.
- Ensure the client’s program and project objectives are addressed during the initial concept and early design phases of work.
- Provide support to project team members.
- Research and implement state-of-the-art innovative concepts in planning and design.
Programming and Master Planning
- Develop program documents and diagrams that address and support the client’s objectives
- Lead meetings with client user, administration, physician, and leadership representatives resolving and addressing solutions for the varying focus and issues of these groups
- Work with client leadership and project teams to generate conceptual departmental and flow relationships that foster building configurations that address functional utility and design innovation.
Schematic Design and Design Development
- Lead and facilitate group discussions, recording and distributing the information to the client for record in a manner consistent with the firm and industry standards.
- Work with the project manager and the project designer in creating buildings which serve the client’s needs and respond to their desired image, space, and aesthetic.
- Write clear and concise narrative reports describing:
- Functional use and adjacencies
- Operational goals and objectives
- Expansion capabilities
- Design and document innovative programmatic solutions specific to each client, consistent with the firm and market standards.
Construction Documents and Administration
- Assist the project team with the technical development of the project.
- Continue work to with the client to ensuring that practice-specific requirements are addressed.
- Help carry the design parameters through CA by providing support on an as needed basis to the CA team.
- Help mentor Architects, Project Coordinators and Design Professionals in the development and implementation of healthcare knowledge.
- Education: Professional Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Professional Certifications: EDAC, LEED AP certification/ accreditations desirable
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- Ability to react quickly to issues while fostering a collaborative environment is a must.
- Ability to be part of and help build a team environment.
- Sense of humor a must.
- Possess a high emotional intelligence.
- Technological Skills: Revit and Adobe Creative Suite (helpful), Microsoft Office Suite(must).